Tuesday 6 September 2011

Emma-Jane 361 Seamless Nursing Bra Review

I started working with nursing bras in the US when I piloted a scheme to issue nursing bras to low income women as an incentive to nurse exclusively for longer durations.  The nursing bra incentive program worked very well, and when I left the program to move back to the UK we were fitting and issuing more than 100 bras every month.

So, I've had a lot more experience with the US nursing bra manufacturers, and since had to learn about the products available in the UK.  I was pleasantly surprised to find an abundance of nursing bras available in the UK in a range of styles and sizes.  There are some really amazing nursing bras in the UK, and I'm so excited to be able to bring some of them to the women who shop online, and those that I am able to meet in person in West Kent.

I would never sell a product that I would not happily wear myself, so I have tried and will have tried every product that appears on my website.  I though that it would be a good idea for me to write down exactly why I like each and every product on the website, as well as point out any great features, washing concerns or anything lacking.  I'm going to start with the Emma-Jane 361 Seamless Nursing Bra.


The Emma-Jane 361 Seamless Nursing Bra is the least expensive nursing bra that I sell.  I chose it for a couple of reasons.  I think that many people choose to breastfeed not only because it is so beneficial to both Mum and Baby's health, but also because it saves so much money.  In such times as these when jobs are not as secure as they used to be, and so hard to find, more and more people are looking at ways to save more pennies, and breastfeeding is the obvious choice for new parents.  So if you are breastfeeding for this reason, I want you to be able to nurse easily and comfortably in an affordable nursing bra that does its job.  Comfort is definitely another reason to purchase this nursing bra.  It is made from one seamless piece of material.  This is important because seams can irritate your nipple and breast which can make wearing clothes in those early days really uncomfortable.  The material also has a good amount of stretch without losing support so is the ideal bra for all stages of pregnancy and breastfeeding.

I know that the first sign of pregnancy for me the first time around was breast tenderness.  I walked very slowly during that first trimester hoping that my breasts would not move for any reason.  They grew an additional cup size, and sleeping in a regular bra was very uncomfortable because I slept on my side and the breast tissue would fall out of the top cup and the discomfort didn't allow me to get much sleep.  The Emma-Jane 361 nursing bra can help alleviate this discomfort because it is super comfortable to sleep in because of the lack of seams, the ability to stretch for the breast tissue growth during pregnancy and immediately after birth, and the centre of the bra is high enough to prevent breast spillage during the night.  A great sleep bra.

The Emma-Jane 361 nursing bra is available in four sizes (32, 34, 36, 38) each boasting to fit a cup size range of B-F.  I usually wear either a 38C or 36D and I find this bra very comfortable and somewhat supportive.  Meaning that I don't enjoy running or jumping in the bra as much as in some other nursing bras.  It definitely does its job don't get me wrong, but you might want to think about spending a little more money for a more supportive bra if you are more than a C or D cup.

One other feature you may want to consider is the support provided by the side sling (the piece of bra that supports your breast when the cup is open during feeding).  The side sling on the Emma-Jane 361 nursing bra is a slim piece of elastic running from the strap to the chest band.  Again, the side sling is perfectly adequate and does its job.  However, a larger chested lady may prefer a bit more support than this side sling can give them.  Investing in a slightly more expensive nursing bra will give you a more substantial piece of material creating more of a sling for your breast or an A-frame which surrounds the entire breast while feeding.

To sum up the Emma-Jane 361 Seamless Nursing Bra - An amazing value, great during all stages of pregnancy and breastfeeding, and moderate support for smaller cup sizes.  You'll definitely get a lot of use out of this bra and love, love, love the price.

The Emma-Jane 361 Seamless Nursing Bra is available in Black, White and Skin tone.  It is available as part of my breastfeeding starter pack which includes 3 Emma-Jane 361 nursing bras, an Emma-Jane nursing tank and a box of Lansinoh nursing pads for £50.

No comments:

Post a Comment