Thursday 22 March 2012
10 Things I Love About Slings
1. You can breastfeed in a sling hands-free.
2. Babies love to sleep in a sling because they can hear your heart beat and feel all warm and snuggly while you get on with your day.
3. You can hold the baby, calm the baby, sing to baby and get chores done all at the same time.
4. Going for a hike is easy with a sling, obstacles are easily navigated because you have use of all four limbs.
5. The baby feels included as part of the conversation and has a birds eye view of the world.
6. Slings are great in crowds, you can't lose baby in the crowd and you don't have to maneuver a buggy through the throngs.
7. Slings are great for getting through tight places. Much easier when out in the woods, going shopping, walking around National Trust houses with lots of stairs, and shopping centres where lifts are few and far between. You can leave the buggy at home.
8. Slings are great when you have older kids because you have two hands free to push a swing, push a buggy, hold a hand and catch then before they run across the road.
9. Slings are great when you are out with a friend because two buggy's don't always fit side by side on the pavement so you can walk together instead of in single file.
10. Slings enable you to hold your baby for longer without hurting your arms or back. The weight is spread, and you don't have to stand funny with your hip out.
What do you like best about using a sling?